Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Popping the Blog Cherry

Diaries have been a part of my life since I was six; I've always found a release in penning my thoughts and emotions. Until recently, writing in a diary has been my favorite way to capture memories and process life experiences. In the past year or so I've noticed a decline in my diary-keeping and have decided to take it to technology, so I never need blame a lack of paper or ink. Popping my blog cherry is proving a bit nervewracking--not that there's anything wrong with a good wracking of nerves, I just feel like I don't quite know what I'm doing yet.

But that is totally and completely okay. Why should an audience of unknown masses stop me from doing this the way I generally do things? I'm a person who sees a deep end and likes to jump right in, savoring that last moment of dryness before I crash into an unknown world and learn how to swim in it the hard way. If I take the time to notice a few things pre-jump, I'll apply that knowledge to my endeavor to swim, but the most important part of the whole thing is feeling the newness that comes from jumping straight into a question mark. There's something beautiful in that feeling, being totally lost and totally okay with it, that people are taught to fear, and I think that's a damn shame.

On to my chosen title: "wanderlusty". I am a human deeply bitten with that insatiable, sweet burden of wanderlust. I spent time abroad at 18 years of age and am constantly on the edge of my given situation of 'normal', ready to trade it in for something new and exotic. I find my attitude towards life is often one of zeal and something I can really only accurately define as 'lust'. Life is a lusty thing! Who am I to stick a chastity belt on it?


For that matter, who is anybody to do that?




Live & Let Lusty!

No comments:

Post a Comment